MUSIC PRODUCER BY DAY
After 6 years working at adidas as a Social Media Manager, I decided to go into music full time. To call it the 'quits' on a successful corporate career (I worked on countless campaigns with Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez) was not an easy decision, but in order to get closer to music, it was a must.
I am currently studying Music Production & Sound Engineering at Abbey Road Institute (Amsterdam) and interning as an Assistant Audio Engineer at Red Bull Studios Amsterdam.
CELLIST BY NIGHT
I started playing the cello when I was 8. Actually, the piano was my first instrument, but I just connected with the cello and I've never looked back. I spent most of my childhood and teen years playing solo classical repertoire and also orchestral/chamber music. But at 18 years old, after I completed my Licentiate in Music diploma (LMusA), I started to explore pop music and decided to give up my classical roots.
Since then I've been playing live a lot in different bands, recorded on movie soundtracks and played on stage and with dj's as a session musician. My two biggest and most proud performances are with Grammy Award-winning artist Imogen Heap, and with UK soul-singer Michael Kiwanuka who headlined at the Songbird Festival in Rotterdam.
In 2016 I bought a 5-string electric cello with a shoulder strap/harness, which has completely opened up my world to new sounds and techniques. I can play bass notes and feel more free to improvise since I prefer playing without sheet music and I stand up when I play (not sit down).
I am currently based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. To book me as an online session cellist, a live performance, audio recording, radio show, music video or you name it, contact me here for a quote.
SPEED SKATER IN BETWEEN
Between music and work, I love to be active! Living in the flattest country in the world, I soon found the perfect sports for me. In the Winter I am a keen longtrack speed skater (on ice). In 2011 & 2018 I had the amazing experience of skating on the frozen canals of Amsterdam!
In the Summer you'll find me out on Friday Night Skate (FNS) in Amsterdam or on a sunny evening inline blading in Vondelpark or Diemerpark.
In September 2017 I completed the Berlin Inline Skate Marathon!
- NS Design CR Series 5-string Electric Cello (Burl Poplar)
- Classical Cello - French trade origin c. 1900. Bow, contemporary German origin.
- Accord cello case http://accordcase.com/
- CodaBow - Diamond SX http://www.codabow.com/
- d:vote™ 4099C Clip Microphone for Cello
- Headway "The Band" piezo pick up for Cello
- Boss RC-300 Loop Station - http://www.bossus.com/
- Roland Cube-20XL Bass https://www.roland.com/global/products/cube-20xl_bass
- Hagstrom Super Swede electric guitar (ASB Amber Sunburst)
- Ibanez S series electric guitar (White, model S570B)
- Sigma SE Series auditorium-shaped electro-acoustic guitar 000ME+ https://www.sigma-guitars.com/